3-Tier Folding Bike Lockers
Our 3-tier Folding Bike Lockers is designed to hold Bromptons and similar small folding bikes.
The locker is extremely strong, using a monocoque technique that is more widely found in aircraft and automotive construction. The innovative British design and construction mean they are suitable for interior or exterior sites. We have different locking including a high security cam lock, simple hasp and staple, or a unique design of lock that means it can be locked with either a D-lock, cable lock or padlock and still be accessed by a master override key.
For larger folding bikes, we can supply these lockers in a 2-tier version.
Features & Benefits
- Parks 1 bicycle per box
- 3-tier layout
- Space-efficient and secure parking for smaller folding bikes.
- Available in a number of colours
Why this Product is so Good
This cycle locker can be used to help demonstrate compliance with BREEAM and achieve a high BREEAM rating.*
This cycle locker can be used to help contribute towards gaining your 2 ENE8 Cycle Storage Credits when used in an appropriate situation, under the Code for Sustainable Homes.
*Cycle-works and its products and services are not affiliated, endorsed or certified by BRE Global or its affiliates. All rights are reserved.
Layout & Space Requirements
The lockers can be arranged in one long row.
The locker parks 1 Folding Bike per box. There are 3 boxes in each column.
Dimensions (all dimensions are nominal)
- Internal width: 320mm, external width: 400mm
- Internal depth: 600mm, external depth: 650mm
- Internal height: 600mm, external height: 650mm
This sturdy locker is made of pre-galvanised steel, which can be powder-coated in any RAL colour. We offer a wide range of stock colours at no extra cost, but can provide all other standard RAL colours for a small set-up fee.
Locking Mechanisms & Options
The standard locking option is users own padlock with master key override.
Other locking options are available:
- High security stainless steel pop out t handle with high security cylinder.
- High security die cast pop out t-handle with anti-drill protection and high security cylinder.Benefits of the high Security T-handle inserts & master key cam lock:
- All-new mechanism based on a revolutionary and unique asymmetrical warded key way.
- Seven stainless steel locking elements fasten the central core to the outer body.
- The internal components are machined from brass for excellent durability and reliability.
- Over 750,000 key combinations.
- Further protection from drilling is provided by a second hardened roller inside the lock, which spins freely when a drill bit comes into contact with it.
- The Series 35 has no ‘shear line’, with its associated susceptibility to picking and bumping.
- Hardened steel anti-drill center post.
Advertising & Branding
The end panels of the lockers are normally blank but can have a large cycle image for identification.
Other corporate logos or a large advertising panel can be fitted instead, if required. The front door of the Velo-Safe is also ideal for branding and corporate logos. For example, Chester is a demonstration Cycling City, so their lockers feature their eye-catching logo.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you sell to private households?
Yes, we are happy to provide private households with this locker if required. Its space-saving layout makes it ideal for small front or back gardens.
How to they fix to the ground?
The units are fixed to the ground with 60mm long coach bolts, which are inserted into plastic plugs. This method can be used for most smooth, hard and level surfaces. We only need to drill 10mm diameter holes to a depth of 55mm.
To download the 3-Tier Folding Bike Locker product sheet, click here.
2-tier Folding Bike Lockers are extremely economic units to install. Quotes are based on your bespoke specification, location and the quantity required.
Please contact us for a quotation, call 02392 81 55 55 or email email@example.com.
Current lead time is 6-8 weeks from receipt of your written purchase order. Extra time may be needed if extensive customisation is required.