BikeAway Warrior Locker
The BikeAway Warrior is a galvanised steel bicycle locker that stores the bike vertically.
The Warrior is supplied fully assembled with floor fixing bolts included, making it easy and quick to install. The locker has a very small foot print (680mm by 1150mm), achieved by holding the bike vertically using a patented sliding hoop which secures the front tyre. This system ensures that there is no metal to metal contact with the bike.
There is no branding on the exterior of the locker so it can be personalised, if desired. To comply with the ‘Gold’ security standard of Sold Secure, however, the locker must retain the name ‘Warrior’. The Warrior is powder coated in dark green RAL6005 as standard. Specific colours can be requested at point of ordering.
Features & Benefits
- Space efficient due to its small footprint
- Easy to use and suitable for schools
- No installation required as the locker is delivered as a complete unit
Why this product is so good
- This individual locker is ideal where space is at a premium. They are particularly space-efficient when fitted against a wall. Therefore, this locker is a popular option for schools, colleges and large organisations.
- There is no metal-to-metal contact between the bike and locker and the bike is stored safely off the ground.
- The small footprint means that 6 BikeAway lockers fit into just one standard car parking space with generous access for the cyclists.
This cycle locker can be used to help demonstrate compliance with BREEAM and achieve a high BREEAM rating.*
This cycle locker can be used to help contribute towards gaining your 2 ENE8 Cycle Storage Credits when used in an appropriate situation, under the Code for Sustainable Homes.
*Cycle-works and its products and services are not affiliated, endorsed or certified by BRE Global or its affiliates. All rights are reserved.
- One bicycle per locker.
- The BikeAway locker is 68cm wide, 115cm deep and 190-200cm high. The legs can be adjusted to accommodate gradients.
- The minimum quantity for any site is 2 lockers (for stability reasons).
- Rows can be as long as required and the lockers can be installed back to back. More lockers can easily be installed at a later date. Ideally leave at least 1.5m of clear space in front of the lockers for easy access.
- These lockers can be foxed to any smooth, hard and level surface.
- This sturdy locker is made from 1.5mm steel - for comparison, most cars are 0.8mm. .
- The locker is coated in British Racing Green (RAL 6005). For large orders, custom-made colours can be specified.
- The cyclist uses their own padlock to lock the door. An override mechanism then allows the operator to obtain independent access to the locker when necessary.
- This is especially relevant for security-sensitive areas where spot-checks need to be carried out.
- A key operated lock is also available.
- Every locker is equipped with a clothes hook on the inside of the door to store waterproofs, helmets and other kit.
- Helmet lockers
- 75mm Disc padlock, punch numbered keys with numbered locker
- Advertising can be attached easily to the end panels
Issues to consider
Ease of use
BikeAway lockers are quick, safe and easy to use. They have been installed in many schools, where the children are happy and able to use them. Most children can store a bike in a BikeAway in about 10 seconds. Should you nevertheless prefer to install horizontal lockers, please have a look at the other products in our locker range.Safety
The BikeAway locker is a sturdy and secure locker, however, it is only as good as the padlock used. Therefore, we recommend using a strong padlock.Frequently Asked Questions
Do you sell to private households?
Not in general, mainly as the minimum order is for 2 lockers to give them stability. However, we would be happy to provide private households with this locker if required.
We have done many sites with these products, including some of the following categories:
- Hospitals & Healthcare
- Schools, Colleges, Universities
- Architects & Construction Companies
- Transport Operators - Train/Bus /Air
- Major Employers
- Bike Stations
We have worked directly for most of the major construction companies, or as a subcontractor. We have worked directly for:
Normal payments for councils, authorities or recognised institutions is by invoice on installation, on 30 day terms.
However, in some situations a deposit may be required.
Other methods of payment may be acceptable.
Delivery Current lead time is 4-6 weeks from receipt of your written purchase order. Extra time may be needed if extensive customisation is required.
Terms & Conditions Orders are subject to our normal terms and conditions.